Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Creative Cookery

Groupon offered a deal on breakfast for Le Peep in Frisco, so my husband and I decided to give it another go. We first went a few months ago and while the food wasn't spectacular, the service was. We arrived around 10am on a Saturday morning and had a 25 minute wait.

Doesn't that mean the food and/or service is supposed to be amazing right?...

Coffee was average, french toast was bland until I put cinnamon apples on top, the hubby's pancakes were crumbly and when I tasted them, they were salty. He said McDonald's makes better pancakes. Overall, the food was not worth the wait.

Service was rushed, like she was flustered. Checked on us once - when I again asked for my apple topping - and then to give us a check. She apologized and was nice when we explained everything wasn't great, but kept directing the blame onto the product, never a cooks fault (really...). When we went up to pay the cashier asked how everything was and after hesitation my husband said it was fine. I followed with the comment of below average and that's my final answer.


We agreed their array of fancy toppings makes up for less than stellar food products which then I would agree with their sign that stated they were A Creative Cookery.

No comments:

Post a Comment