Saturday, September 8, 2012

Unique new grill

In Frisco, off Preston & Lebanon, there used to be a Blockbuster. I guess that location was not one of their more profitable ones and in the bankruptcy, it was closed. My best girlfriend and I have lunch together each week and take turns picking the locations. It was her week and she found out about this new restaurant that went into where the old Blockbuster used to go (great idea). It has an outside patio on the north side of the building so it's never too sunny. The menu layout reminds me of Pei Wei - menu boards with slideshow type pictures and all. Food was unique - served as a salad, a wrap, or a bowl with rice. I ordered the Salad Trifecta with steak and a chipotle avocado ranch dressing. The 2 sides that accompanied the meal were served in the same dish as the salad, just in the corners. Not sure I like that idea. I had the fresh fruit and chopped cucumber salad. They were both okay. The steak was cooked medium  and was very tender with good flavor. I need to remember to take pictures!

You order from the counter and take a number and the food is then delivered to you. The girl behind the counter was sweet, but not knowledgeable about the menu. I would have definitely had her take more menu training before putting her behind a register. The manager type person on the next register was constantly having to answer menu questions and explain things to her. A bit more training for the register workers in the future. There is a dining room attendant always roaming and ready to take away any dirty dishes which did not sit for long at our table. They were kind and asked nicely if we were done. I do enjoy that so if we want to stay and visit for a bit we are not surrounded by dirty dishes. Good job on that hospitality training. The drink station is in the dining room as self serve, and although I have been in some 'fast-casual' restaurants such as this one who refill your drink for you as a courtesy, this one did not. Being newly opened I won't fault them for not going above and beyond. The had garage doors that could be opened up to the patio when the weather is right, which is a very neat concept and reminds me a Twisted Root Burger. I will try this place again sometime soon and see what kind of improvements. they have made. The wraps looked very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment