Monday, September 24, 2012

Old-fashioned coffee shop feel

My new favorite place to work and study...

On Mondays I get to meet my mentor for lunch in our historic downtown McKinney, TX. It's a quaint location locally known as 'The Square'. Antique shops (of course) and little restaurants tucked in between with lots of patios to enjoy. Since I work in the opposite direction, I have chosen to use Monday mornings as study time and then go to work after lunch. Someone recommended me to this new little coffee shop on the square called 'Snug on the Square'...

I might as well put my name on one of the chairs...

Currently on visit two and I'm hooked. The coffee (just brewed) is wonderful. My favorite is the Cookiedoodle. Strange name, but oh so good. I have to remind myself that it's not healthy to drink too many cups because it's just that good. This morning I enjoyed a fresh made breakfast sandwich. Really fresh - saw them crack the eggs and cut of the ham, mixed them together in the skillet, added cheese and placed the delectable bit in the middle of a soft yeast roll. Nearly melted in my mouth...

Oh yeah - service. Breath. Of. Fresh. Air. I'm sure I will be gracing the doorstep of Starbucks quite a bit less after being subjected to this kind of hospitality. I honestly felt like I was the only customer (when really there were many of us coming and going). The owner Sandra exudes kindness and Theresa even remembered me from last Monday morning - WOW! There is also a young man, TJ, who is friendly and welcoming.

They are only open for breakfast and lunch so I highly suggest you give them a try - and look for me on Monday mornings because I will be there unless I'm not in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment