Monday, September 10, 2012

Food for thought

As a graduate student at UNT, I am taking a class on how to do research for my thesis. I know it's a large undertaking (thesis), but I really don't want to have to take comps when I am all done taking my classes. No thank you. My thesis will have something to do with ongoing training in the workplace from the bottom level up and how effective the training is as the person progresses through their career. I'm still in the stage of research where I don't really have a title, just a big idea. :) In going through articles and journals I am coming across many interesting reads involving different levels of training in different areas. Since this research project will take me a couple years to write and involves lots of research I am reaching out to the readers to let me know of anything that is going on in their neck of the woods having to do with training in the workplace. I will keep posting and letting anyone know of neat articles I read and different places people can find public training - without having to go into a college to takes classes.

I read an article this morning from back in the late 90's about Denny's having to go through intensive diversity training due to 3 major diversity claims against in them in one year. I am currently looking for an update to see if the company is sticking to their guns and doing the training and how effective it has been throughout the past decade. Remembering back through all my training I don't believe I ever got any diversity training on the job. So I researched it - it's what I do now. :) I found a company that offers all kinds of training and even found one online for a reasonable fee. Here's the link if you want to share it with others. http://www.trainup.com/TrainingDetails/204917/Diversity-on-the-Job-The-Importance-of-Diversity-and-the-Changing-Workplace

I look forward to receiving any articles you might find to further my research for my thesis! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment