Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gusto Pizza Company

We took a weekend trip to see the children in Iowa (my Spring Break, but not theirs - they don't get the normal week long Spring Break (!?!?)) and Greg found a fantastic gourmet pizza place for us to eat dinner one night. Gusto Pizza Company. Great atmosphere and layout of the dining room and kitchen. Be prepared to wait a bit for the pie, it's worth it though! The children, well teenagers really, just wanted pepperoni... at a gourmet pizza place. The lady behind the counter was like...really? 

Really. 

So they shared a whole pepperoni pizza. Exciting, but they loved it. 

Greg and I shared the Mona Lisa - his pick. I was kind of skeptical, until I tried a bite. After that, he was lucky he got a piece! Crust, rosemary olive oil, garlic, cremini mushrooms, roma tomatoes, kalamata olives, romano, and fresh ricotta. WOW. I savored every bite of it. Couldn't even order a beverage because I didn't want to change the taste I had in my mouth from the pizza. 

Something (besides the children) to look forward to driving to Iowa for. Highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment