Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mmmm...pancakes

Pancakes are a top favorite of mine. Nothing fancy on top just syrup and butter or rolled up with my favorite jelly inside. Living in Florida for 20 years, I never could find that certain place that consistently had great pancakes unless it was my kitchen of course. When I moved to Texas 2 years ago to get married, my husband proudly took me to the Original Pancake House. Wow. Great coffee and great pancakes? Heaven. Just this past weekend he took me out for breakfast at the one in Plano off 121. Our server's name was Sam. Although he didn't know us by name (yet), he did recognize us a repeat diners. That was very pleasant for me. My husband ordered the Dutch Baby (a German pancake that takes a bit to bake) and I had pancakes and bacon. While we waited for our food, Sam made great conversation with us and our coffee cups were never empty. When the food arrived it was amazing as usual. That restaurant is always a treat to go to for the food and the service. Managers were consistently walking around and checking on guests. Servers weren't gathered in one spot in the drink alley or kitchen, they were always out in the dining room with their guests also. Our coffee cups were filled by 3 different people just taking a full pot of coffee into the dining room and refilling all the cups, not just the ones at their own tables. There seemed to be a lot of teamwork and camaraderie between the servers, bussers, and managers. From a food or service perspective, that particular restaurant gets five stars. Great Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment