Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bad service leaves a bad aftertaste

Although the food may look fantastic and even taste terrific, it's amazing what a horrible aftertaste can be left in my mouth from bad service. Bread Winners in Plano is a great place to go if you want a flavorful Eggs Benedict as pictured above. However, don't expect a good atmosphere or even decent service. The location in Dallas is great for the whole package. Yesterday morning, it took a few minutes for a server to greet us and then to bring our drinks and take our order. The food was served promptly so the kitchen had things in order. If I needed anything, I had to flag the server down and they gave attitude like I was bothering them. We were finished eating for 10-15 minutes before they cam back by to ask us if we wanted anything else. Another 6-7 minute wait for the check and then waited again for themto come back and process payment. Looking around, there were no smiles on servers and no one working seemed like they were having a good time. The whole atmosphere had a negative feel to it. For what we paid for breakfast, and especially since this is not the first, second, or third time it has happened, I will for sure not be back to this particular place. I'd rather drive down into Dallas and fight for parking and have a good meal and service then go back in this location. I wonder how some of these people get into these hospitality jobs when there is not a service bone in their body. It always amazes me how a server can give crappy service and then get irritated at the guest when the tip is low. Why should I pay for something that didn't happen? The food was good, so I'll pay the bill. The service was horrible, so I'll leave a little something but nothing like I would leave if the server did the job they were hired to do. Eating at home most of this week where I know the service is top notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment