Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wolfgang Puck is an experience

Sunday afternoon I surprised my husband with tickets to go see Cirque du Soleil's 'Kooza' that is on tour and stopped in Dallas.

After a great show, I surprised him further by dining at Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant atop the Reunion Tower, Five Sixty. I thought we were going for an early dinner because the website's hours were not very clear (they since have rectified that). On Sunday's they only feature their brunch menu, so at 4:30 pm, we had brunch.

Slightly upset because I planned this experience for the hubby's birthday a month ago and it wasn't perfect... or so I thought...

Brunch turned out to be spectacular!!! They had two options to chose from: 5 tastes or 8 tastes. Each taste involved 1-3 pieces of whatever menu item you desire. We decided on the 8 tastes and split them.

Oh. My. Goodness. Best food couples with amazing service and immeasurable view. If you have never been to the top of the Reunion Tower, they have remodeled it for this new restaurant however; one thing remains the same - the entire restaurant moves (ever so slightly) around in a circle. It was strange and a little difficult to get used to with my equilibrium already not so hot, but the view made it worth it. All of downtown Dallas and as far as I could see 360 degrees.



Michael was our server and I must say, it's servers like him that I would like to duplicate and place in every restaurant in town. Polite, efficient, and preemptive on most of our wants and needs. 5 star service at this place, no doubt about it. Assistant General Manager, Chad Hubbard was a gracious host and let us know about the sushi chef Tuesday-Saturday when we showed interested. From his attitude, I can see why his staff is so above bar. Kudos to the chefs for a great meal and to the staff for the phenomenal service. We look forward to going back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment